At Local Authority level there are two separate planning activities:
Land use planning (click on highlighted areas for further information)
- planning permission and listed building consent
- care of conservation areas
- the East Lothian Local Development Plan
These are dealt with by the East Lothian Council Planning Service.
Community planning includes
- planning and improving services to the local community so that they meet the needs of those who use them.
- Area Partnerships were set up in East Lothian to ‘be the local voice’ and strengthen links between communities and area based services.
The Musselburgh Conservation Society Committee engages with both aspects of local planning:
- Land use planning is a standing issue on the monthly agenda, where proposed developments are reviewed and comments submitted to the Council.
- MCS is a member of the Musselburgh Area Partnership and issues of mutual interest are shared and considered.